We are soliciting the submission of extended abstracts (1-3 pages PDF, IEEE template, optional videos) to email@example.com. The submission deadline is extended to 5 May 2017. Furthermore, we particularly call for live demonstrations to be presented on the workshop day. We encourage researchers as well as companies (both hardware and software companies) to contribute to the workshop.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Multimodal distributed skin sensors;
- Modular skin sensors;
- Force sensing;
- Soft/flexible/stretchable sensors;
- Large-scale data processing of tactile information;
- Use of tactile data for interaction control, tactile servoing, tactile feature recognition, object handling;
- Integration of touch with other sensing modalities (e.g. vision, inertial sensing);
- Whole-body multiple contact behaviors of humanoid robots;
- Predictive models for touch perception;
- Slip prediction, detection and control;
- Tactile sensing for self-contact, self-perception and self-calibration in humanoid robots;
- Haptic representations of objects and their affordances.
Accepted submissions will be presented during the “Demonstrations and poster session” of the workshop. Selected submissions will be given time for oral presentations (15 minutes including Q&A). Please indicate in your email if you want to present as a poster, oral, and/or live demonstration.
Important Date (Updated)
Paper Submission Deadline:
20 April 2017, 5 May 2017
Notification of acceptance:
25 April 2017, 9 May 2017
Workshop day: 29 May 2017